RCIA – Becoming Catholic or Completing the Sacraments of Initiation
Program runs October - Easter and meets Sunday mornings from 9-10:30am.
RCIA or The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is the process through which men and women who have an interest in the Roman Catholic faith may explore the possibility of becoming Catholic. Through a series of rites conducted in the context of learning about the faith and spiritual formation, participants journey through to full initiation into the Roman Catholic Church. St. Patrick follows the Archdiocese of St. Paul / Minneapolis Norms for the Celebration of Baptism including the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
Who may participate in the RCIA?
- Those who have never been baptized.
- Those who have been baptized in another Christian denomination but would like to join the Roman Catholic Church.
- Those who were baptized Catholic but have received little or no instruction and now wish to prepare for Eucharist and/or Confirmation.
How does the program work?
RCIA meets weekly on Sunday morning, October through April. Classes are held at Saint Patrick’s from 9:00-10:30am. There is no cost to participate, but participation requires the following:
- Attendance at weekly gatherings
- Attendance at Sunday Mass
- Participation in the rituals/events that mark key points during the RCIA process
Please print and fill out the INTEREST FORM and bring to the Informational session October 7th or fill out the form below.
It is the role of the RCIA team and the entire parish to give opportunities for prayer, witness, spiritual formation and service to shape the journey of those who are seeking to become fully incorporated into the Body of Christ, the Church. To restore the spirit of early Christianity, the RCIA process emphasizes conversion as a participation in the passion, death, and resurrection of Christ.
For more information or to register in the RCIA program at Saint Patrick, please contact Linda Abel-Thomas at 763-753-2011
Additional websites you may find helpful: