Summer Reach Out
A Ministry of St. Patrick
Summer Reach Out
Parents! Here is the information if your student is currently on Summer Reach Out:
Reach Out starts at 8:30am and ends at 5:30pm each day. We will start and end at St. Patrick’s Church, and travel by school bus to and from locations.
Every day we will provide a continental-style breakfast, a bag lunch, and a snack somewhere in-between. If your child has medical needs you didn’t note on the form that we need to be aware of, let me know.
Things to bring EVERY day:
• Water bottle
• A watch, or something to tell time (cell phone is okay)
We will be spending time at Feed My Starving Children in the morning, and Bunker Beach in the afternoon.
- Have your student bring a swimsuit, sunscreen, towel, and anything else they will need for swimming at Bunker Beach.
- Girls swimsuits must be one-piece or tankini
- While there are lockers available for valuables, our group will have an area to place bags with an adult present at all times.
We will be doing a service project at St. Patrick’s in the morning, and going to Bowlero in the afternoon
- We will provide lunch on the way there and a snack on the way back. If your child brings money, we recommend less than $20.
We will be spending the day at Valleyfair!
- Youth must wear their t-shirts this day. It helps us identify the group in crowds.
- There is a water park inside Valleyfair, we recommend bringing swimming materials (swimsuit and towel and water shoes, if they have them) since most youth choose to swim at some point in the day. Girls swimsuits must be one-piece or tankini.
- There is a gift shop and food booths at Valleyfair as well, but certainly no need for youth to bring money.
Your child is responsible for keeping track of things they bring with them. Lost money or valuables will not be the responsibility of St. Patrick. We will hand out T-shirts on Tuesday or Wednesday and we wear them as a group on Thursday.
SUMMER REACH OUT is an opportunity for students to give back! It is open to middle school youth entering 6th-8th grade in 2019-20 (9th-12th grade may sign up to be teen leaders). Our time is spent building up the Body of Christ through a variety of service projects and building community with fun activities.
- Mornings are focused on prayer & service.
- Afternoons are centered around fun & community building!
All 3 Days= $100
T-shirt, daily volunteer and fun activity, meals (breakfast, lunch, and snack), transportation to and from activities.
Or, print out a form and return it to the parish office – Printable PDF
We will contact you with payment instructions after we receive your registration.
Ministry Leader: Carrie Derkos
Staff Contact: Carrie Derkos
Age Groups: Teens
Ministry Category: Outreach