NACE Food Shelf
A Ministry of St. Patrick
NACE Food Shelf
North Anoka County Emergency (NACE) is a local food shelf that distributes food to people in need. St. Patrick’s helps raise food and money for NACE from food drives and a fundraiser called “Empty Bowls”.
Empty Bowls Fundraiser
Empty Bowls is a fundraiser held at St. Patrick’s to help raise money for NACE Food Shelf.
When: 3rd Thursday in March.
Where: St. Patrick’s Social Hall
- Work with clients during distribution days
- Pick up food donations and deliver them to the NACE locations
- Weighing and sorting food and/or clothing donations
- Restocking the food shelf
- Organizing food and fund drives
- You are welcome to visit NACE up to 12 times a year. How you space it out is up to you, but one time a month is preferred.
- You will need an I.D. and a piece of mail with the current address for each adult in the household
- County assistance visits: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month (1:00 – 2:00 pm)
- Monday: 9:00 AM – Noon
- Tuesday: 5:00 – 8:00 PM
- Wednesday: 1:00 – 4:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 – 11:00 AM
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Closed
Food donations are accepted as long as someone is in the building, call first to make sure clothing donations are accepted in season, please call to arrange a drop-off. All donations given to NACE are tax deductible.
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me…” Matthew 25:35-36
Contact NACE Food Shelf
Volunteer with NACE Food Shelf
Ministry Leader: Judy Carlson
Staff Contact: Jeremy Weakly
Age Groups: Children, Teens, Adults, Seniors
Ministry Category: Outreach