Feed My Starving Children
A Ministry of St. Patrick
Feed My Starving Children
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” – John 6:35.
Feed My Starving Children’s heartbeat and call is to feed God’s kids hungry in body and spirit. Continue to celebrate the Easter Season by following Jesus’s call to service.
Volunteers are needed at Feed My Starving Children on Friday, April 30th for the 9:00-11:00 AM and 6:00-8:00 PM shifts.
Feed My Starving Children packing sites follow CDC protocols. In creating groups, we are limited to 5 per group. Maximum of 50 volunteers per session. Find more details below under Volunteer Requirements.
Link to group reservations for St. Patrick Catholic Church. Volunteers may register by clicking on the Join button for the shift they wish to work. Follow the easy steps to Log In or Create an Account.
OR: Call Jacqueline at 763-208-4725. Please leave a voicemail with your phone number and the shift you would prefer to work with. Include the spelling of all names. Indicate if any are minors (minimum age eight). A call confirming your reservation will be returned within two days.
FMSC Address: 401 93rd Avenue NW – Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Future Dates: Find 2021 shifts by scrolling down to Plan Ahead.
FMSC shift hours have changed slightly. Reservations will be 9 AM-11 AM &/or 6-8 PM (Noon – 2:00 PM in Nov. and Dec.). Please see their video about what to expect when packing. The biggest revisions include:
- All volunteers will be required to wear masks for the duration of their session (masks can be cloth, surgical, N95, etc.) We encourage volunteers to bring their own masks.
- All volunteers will have their temperature checked and go through a verbal symptom screening upon arrival. Temperatures must be under 100.4°F in order to pack.
- Volunteer group size is limited to five people. (St. Pat’s reservations will be divided into one or more groups of five volunteers.) Please note that you will not be socially distanced from anyone you choose to sign up with. You will be socially distanced from any other groups in the packing room. If there are less than five in our group, you will likely be paired with other volunteers but will still be six feet from each other (at opposite ends of our packing stations).
- If you or anyone in your group develops symptoms while packing, you and your entire group will be asked to leave immediately.
- The packing setup has been changed to accommodate groups ranging in size from one to five.
- The minimum volunteer age has been temporarily increased to eight.
- A reservation is required to pack. No walk-ins can be accepted.
What can you do to help?
Pray. We ask you to join us in prayer for the health of FMSC’s volunteers, supporters, staff, partners and most importantly those who rely on FMSC meals.
Give. Check out their Ways to Give page.
Visit the Marketplace online. Consider Cloth Mask – Buy One, Donate One!
Feed My Starving Children celebrated St. Patrick’s Volunteers on Friday May 26th 2017. At the end of the 6 PM shift a certificate was presented to St. Patrick Catholic Church: Thank you for packing 649,512 meals. This will help feed 1,179 kids for an entire year!
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) is a non-profit Christian organization committed to feeding God’s children hungry in body and spirit. Children and adults hand-pack meals that are specifically formulated for malnourished children. The meals are then shipped to nearly 70 countries worldwide.
In March 2010, in recognition of this unique opportunity to provide a practical and meaningful service project to the members of our parish, the Circles of Claddagh began organizing volunteers to pack meals once a month at FMSC in Coon Rapids. This ministry unites St. Patrick volunteers with other individuals and community groups that desire to respond to Christ’s call to feed the hungry.
Volunteers for this ministry are needed on the last Friday of each month. Serve from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and/or 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. (In November & December the Noon – 2:00 PM shift usually replaces the 6 PM reservation.) Read about Frequently Asked Questions for volunteer guidelines and restrictions. Due to health concerns, FMSC requests that volunteers stay home when ill.
Volunteers may register for these 2021 shifts. Just link to group reservations for St. Patrick Catholic Church.
April 30, 2021 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and/or 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
May 28, 2021 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and/or 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
June 25, 2021 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and/or 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
July 30, 2021 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and/or 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Aug 27, 2021 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and/or 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Contact Feed My Starving Children
Volunteer with Feed My Starving Children
Ministry Leader: Jacqueline Soucie
Staff Contact: Jeremy Weakly
Schedule: Last Friday of the month - see times
Age Groups: Children, Teens, Adults, Seniors
Ministry Category: Outreach