Fr. Eilen’s Lenten Book Study
Welcome to Fr. Eilen’s Virtual Book Study on “Letter to a Suffering Church.” Here are a few things to note before getting started:
For the first time ever, we’ll be doing a completely virtual study – meaning you can access everything from the comfort of your home! Once a week, St. Patrick’s will send you a text, email, or call you to notify you that we’ve posted a new Bishop Robert Barron video and discussion questions. The message will read something like,“Hi from Fr. Eilen’s Book Study. Visit https://community.st-patricks.org to learn more and join the conversation.” Simply click the link to gain access to weekly video and discussion questions.
To login to our St. Patrick Community, use your Facebook account, Google email address, or your personal email address. Once you’re logged in, click into the group “Fr. Eilen’s Book Study” to view Bishop Robert Barron’s video and see a list of discussion questions. We encourage you to join the conversation and leave an anonymous comment (your name will not appear next to your comment).
To leave a comment, click the “comment” button and begin typing!
St. Patrick will notify you every week when a new conversation (Bishop Barron video and discussion questions) is posted. You can also choose to receive notifications when someone posts a new comment on the Fr. Eilen Book Study group.
You have complete control of your notifications (both the frequency and how you receive them). To edit your notifications, go to the top right corner of your screen and tap the gear symbol. Scroll down to our list of notification settings.
Notification Options Include
– Allow Notifications (notifications of any kind) – Yes or no
– My Groups (Fr. Eilen’s Lenten Book Study, more groups coming soon) – Off, Email Me, Text Me, Call Me
– My Conversations (Notify me when someone comments on a group I’m part of) – Off, Email Me, Text Me, Call Me
*More website features will be available to our parishioners at a later date.
If you run into any problems, please contact Maria Furness at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-753-2011.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the “easy-sign-in” code that I was texted? When you first login, if you provided your phone number then you’ll be prompted to enter the 4-digit “easy-sign-in” code in order to link your accounts together.
- Why didn’t I receive a notification? Because this a brand new system, there’s bound to be a hiccup or two. The first step is to make sure your notifications are turned on. To do that, go to community.st-patricks.org and click on the gear symbol in the top right corner of your screen. Scroll down to “Notifications” and find the questions “Allow Notifications” – make sure that says “yes.” The next step is to make sure that you provided all the necessary contact info. Stay on this same page and scroll to the top of the screen. Make the correct contact information is listed, and that all the boxes are filled in (ie if you signed up for text notifications, make sure your phone number is filled in).When in doubt, contact the parish office and we’ll send you another message as soon as possible.