Genesis to Jesus
Tuesday's September 17 - December 3; 6:45-8:45
What is the Bible, where does it come from, and what is its purpose? How are Catholics supposed to read the Bible and what story does it tell?
These are the ever-important questions answered in Genesis to Jesus, the newest Journey through Scripture video Bible Study from the St. Paul Center. Join us to learn the basic Catholic principles for reading Scripture and to survey the broad outlines of the books of the Bible and their place in the story of salvation.
The study consists of four main parts: the videos, the workbook, the supplemental materials, and the leader guide. The videos contain the bulk of the content, and can be viewed by themselves for a rich catechetical experience, but they were designed to be accompanied by the workbook. With a space for notes, recommended reading assignments, review questions, discussion questions and review notes, you’ll be fully prepared to absorb the rich content from the videos.
Supplemental readings come from A Father Who Keeps His Promises, the Bible, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and Dei Verbum. Our participant kit offers the workbook and A Father Who Keeps His Promises at a bundle discount.
- Lesson 1: Reading Scripture with the Church
- Lesson 2: The Old & the New
- Lesson 3: Covenant with Creation
- Lesson 4: Fall from Grace
- Lesson 5: A New Beginning
- Lesson 6: Our Father in Faith
- Lesson 7: From Egypt to Sinai
- Lesson 8: Wandering in the Wilderness
- Lesson 9: Rise of the Covenant Kingdom
- Lesson 10: Features of the Kingdom
- Lesson 11: New Moses, New Covenant
- Lesson 12: The Kingdom Transformed