First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion
2021-2022 Formation Year - Pick One Sunday or Monday - 14 Sessions (about every other week) plus 2 Parent/Child Day Retreats
The Sacramental Preparation program is held on the same days as the Elementary Formation program through semi-monthly instruction. Children and parents will grow in their understanding of the Sacraments through the healing graces received in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and learn of the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist,
- 14 Class Sessions, about 2 times per month. Parents teach their children on the OFF week with provided material.
- Two Parent/Child Day Retreats
- 1st Reconciliation Day Retreat: Sunday, November 14,2021 at 12Noon-3:30pm
- 1st Communion Day Retreat: Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 12Noon-3:30pm
- Children who have successfully completed all requirement for the Sacramental Program will receive their 1st Sacraments at special services/Masses.
- 1st Reconciliation: TBD
- 1st Communion: Saturday, May 7th at 5pm, Sunday, May 8th at 9am, or Sunday, May 8th at 11am
All children will have had a minimum of one year of Formal Faith Formation prior to entering the Sacramental Preparation program for 1st Reconciliation and 1st Holy Communion. (Typically, children will enter this program in 2nd grade.)
- Parents Involvement includes: 2 Parent/Child day retreats, one for 1st Reconciliation, and one for 1st Communion. Empower Sessions offered one time per month, attend at least 2 of these powerful sessions designed to equip you with positive ways to raise your child in our Catholic faith.
- 2021-2022 Policy & Procedure Booklet – Click Here
- 2021-2022 Schedule Below: 14 Class Sessions, about 2 times per month, and 2 Sacramental Preparation Day Retreats
(ALL DATES ARE TENTATIVE AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
|Session||SUNDAYS 10:15am – 11:45 am||MONDAYS 5:30pm-7:00pm||SESSION INFO|
|5||11/14/2021||11/14/2021||Reconciliation Day Retreat|
|11||1/23/2022||1/24/2022||8th Session-Safety Lesson|
|16||4/3/2022||4/3/2022||Communion Day Retreat|
|19||5/7/2022 or 5/8/2022||5/7/2022 or 5/8/2022||1st Communions|
For questions about the 2021-2022 Sacramental Year Contact the office.
*If your child was not Baptized as an infant OR is 3rd grade and above and has not celebrated their 1st Reconciliation and 1st Eucharist, please see our RCIC program information below or Contact the office.