First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion
2018-2019 Formation Year - Pick One Sunday or Monday - 15 Sessions (about every other week) + 2 Parent/Child Retreats
New Curriculum & Format
The Sacramental Preparation program is held on the same days as the Elementary Formation program through semi-monthly instruction. Children and parents will grow in their understanding of the Sacraments, learn of the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist, and the healing graces received in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- 15 Class Sessions, about 2 times per month. Parents teach their children on the OFF week with provided material.
- Two(2) Parent/Child Retreats
- 1st Reconciliation Retreat on Saturday, December 1st, 2018 at 9:00am-12Noon
- 1st Communion Retreat on Saturday, April 13th, 2019 at 9:00am-12Noon
- Children who have successfully completed all requirement for the Sacramental Program will receive their 1st Sacraments at special services.
- 1st Reconciliation: Sunday, December 9th, 2018 4:00pm
- 1st Communion: Saturday, May 4th at 5:00pm Mass, Sunday, May 5th at 9:00am Mass, or Sunday, May 5th at 11:00am Mass.
- All children will have had a minimum of one year of Formal Faith Formation prior to entering the Sacramental Preparation program for 1st Reconciliation and 1st Holy Communion.
(Typically, children will enter this program in 2nd grade.)
Session SUNDAYS 9:15am-10:45am MONDAYS 6:00pm-7:30pm SESSION INFO 1 September 23 September 24 Speaker Session 2 October 7 October 8 Regular Session 3 October 21 October 22 Regular Session 4 November 4 November 5 Regular Session 5 November 18 November 19 Regular Session Sacramental Class ONLY December 1 December 1 Parent/Child Retreat 6 December 2 December 3 Regular Session Sacramental Class ONLY December 9 December 9 Sacrament of 1st Reconciliation 7 December 16 December 17 Regular Session 8 January 14 January 15 Regular Session 9 January 27 January 28 Regular Session 10 February 10 February 11 Speaker Session 11 February 24 February 25 Regular Session 12 March 17 March 18 Regular Session 13 March 31 April 1 Regular Session Sacramental Class ONLY April 13 April 13 Parent/Child Retreat 14 April 14 April 15 Regular Session 15 April 28 April 29 Speaker Session Sacramental Class ONLY May 4 or 5 May 4 or 5 Sacrament of 1st Holy Communion
Parents Involvement includes:
- Three(3) Speaker sessions: September 23 or 24, February 10 or 11, and April 28 or 29
- 6 Faith sessions* – 2 Topics offered, choose one topic. Times and dates coincide with Elementary Formation classes.
- Option 1: Presence: The Mystery of the Eucharist
- Option 2: Apologetics
- Two(2) Parent/Child Retreats (as listed above)
Specific dates will be listed in the 2018-2019 Formation Calendar.
Tammy Molitor for 2018-19 Sacrament Year questions (763) 753-2011 ext. 7633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*If your child was not Baptized as an infant OR is 3rd grade and above and has not celebrated their 1st Reconciliation and 1st Eucharist, please see our RCIC program information below or Contact Katie Arend at email@example.com
Watch the video below!
RCIC – Sacraments for older students
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Children is a program for children ages 8-16 who have not been baptized, or have been baptized but have not received 1st Reconciliation or 1st Communion. The program is grounded in sacred scripture, tradition and truth while taking into account each student’s understanding and abilities.
For more information please contact:
Katie Arend at firstname.lastname@example.org
763.753.2011 ext. 7636