First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion
2018-2019 Formation Year - Pick One Sunday or Monday - 15 Sessions (about every other week) + 2 Parent/Child Retreats
New Curriculum & Format
The Sacramental Preparation program is held on the same days as the Elementary Formation program through semi-monthly instruction. Children and parents will grow in their understanding of the Sacraments, learn of the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist, and the healing graces received in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- 15 Class Sessions, about 2 times per month. Parents teach their children on the OFF week with provided material.
- Two(2) Parent/Child Retreats
- 1st Reconciliation Retreat on Saturday, December 1st, 2018 at 9:00am-12Noon
- 1st Communion Retreat on Saturday, April 13th, 2019 at 9:00am-12Noon
- Children who have successfully completed all requirement for the Sacramental Program will receive their 1st Sacraments at special services.
- 1st Reconciliation: Sunday, December 9th, 2018
- 1st Communion: Saturday, May 4th at 5:00pm Mass, Sunday, May 5th at 9:00am Mass, or Sunday, May 5th at 11:00am Mass.
- All children will have had a minimum of one year of Formal Faith Formation prior to entering the Sacramental Preparation program for 1st Reconciliation and 1st Holy Communion.
(Typically, children will enter this program in 2nd grade.)
- Sundays 9:15am–10:45am OR Mondays 6:00pm–7:30pm
Parents Involvement includes:
- Three(3) parent speaker sessions: September 23 or 24, January 13 or 14, and April 28 or 29
- One(1) 6-week Bible/Book Study out of 2 Topics offered (Can attend both). Times and dates coincide with Elementary Formation classes. Topics for studies will be announced at our first Speaker/Parent Session.
- Two(2) Parent/Child Retreats (as listed above)
Specific dates will be listed in the 2018-2019 Formation Calendar.
Tammy Molitor for 2018-19 Sacrament Year questions (763) 753-2011 ext. 7633 or email@example.com
*If your child was not Baptized as an infant OR is 3rd grade and above and has not celebrated their 1st Reconciliation and 1st Eucharist, please see our RCIC program information below or Contact Katie Arend at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the video below!
RCIC – Sacraments for older students
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Children is a program for children ages 8-16 who have not been baptized, or have been baptized but have not received 1st Reconciliation or 1st Communion. The program is grounded in sacred scripture, tradition and truth while taking into account each student’s understanding and abilities.
For more information please contact:
Katie Arend at email@example.com
763.753.2011 ext. 7636